Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ireland!

Here are some pics of right when I was leaving Valfin-sur-Valouse, France.  

My french cousins

Cows love me and I love them :)

Valfin-sur-Valouse


I arrived in Ireland yesterday (Monday) night and my cousin Noel picked me up from the airport and we drove the hour to Dundalk.  My Aunt Cathy (from Atlanta) was already there.  We had a delicious Irish meal with Noel's parents and sister Caroline.  Then the relatives started arriving.  Sometimes you forget how many McMahons there are in Dundalk!  They just kept arriving (on foot b/c they all live on the same large property but in different houses) and the drinks kept flowing.  It was like a dream - being surrounding by so much family.  A few of whom I had never met but the family bond is there so you're instantly friends/family.  I loved just sitting back and watching them all talk.  What a different life.  A life of which I am quite jealous.  


Pat, Aunt Cathy, Rose (the matriach of us all)



One thing I quickly learned - you don't mess with Irish women.

I did realize this is my 4th time visiting them.  I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome! :)  Luckily, they are all amazing and I love them all.

Today (Tuesday) Cathy and I are setting out on our 7 day adventure touring southern Ireland.  Yahoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment