Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time to Move On

Ok, so I got back from camping on Saturday early afternoon.  I then just chilled for the rest of the day.  That night, I met up with some friends of my roommate and we watched the fireworks.  Then, we walked around a bit and ended up at an outdoor concert that had tons of food options.  But honestly, I was bored.  There were about a million people around.  This particular weekend, and specifically Saturday, is the busiest, craziest day of San Fermin because the most people of the whole 9 days are there.  Basically, I hated it.  There were drunk people everywhere, the streets were yucky, and I didn't even feel like drinking.  I think I just wasn't in the mood to be out.  There was awesome music but I was too worried about my rainbows (sandals) getting dirty.  So, like a wuss, I left at 1:30am when everyone else was trying to stay up until the encierro (bull run) at 8am.  




Sunday I was supposed to go to a Bodega (winery) out in the country but I was too tired to get out of bed.  So instead, I did nothing.  It was nice.  I did end up watching the fireworks though.  Of course, by this time, I'm feeling very lazy so I didn't even leave my house.  I watched the fireworks from my balcony - yeah.

Still a good view, don't ya think?

Monday I hopped a bus to San Sebastian in the hopes of getting some sun before I left. Oh, as I walked to the bus station, I snapped a photo of the poor souls who slept outside.  I completely know how they feel considering back in 2000 when I came for a couple days, we slept outside on the grass for 2 nights.  It was NOT enjoyable.  Thankfully, this time, I had a nice, comfortable bed to go home too.  Beds are nice.


 Well, unfortunately the day was overcast and a bit chilly.  And no, I did not sunbathe topless although check out the girl next to me :)





Tuesday I met up with my roommate for coffee at 1pm.  Then I went to Yamaguchi park and laid out there.  No use spending $18 for a bus ride to/from San Sebastian when I can lay out 3 blocks away.  But man, I am a red now :)  It'll turn to tan soon and my Irish cousin Noel will be quite jealous.  I don't even think he knows what the word "sunbathing" means.


Last night (Tuesday) I watched the movie "Georgia Rule."  Although it was in english, I made sure to put the subtitles in castellano (spanish) so I could practice my spanish.  Oh, and it was also the last day of San Fermin - yahoo!!!!!!

Today (Wednesday) is my last full day in Pamplona.  I am kind of sad but I'm also so excited to continue on with my adventures.  I am ready to explore France and Ireland and Germany.  7 weeks in one place is a long time.  I am quite ready to move on.

My Professor invited me over to lunch at his house.  Quite an honor.  His wife is making paella.  I'm excited but also a tad bit stressed because I have so much to do before I leave.  Note to everyone - I think I have eaten flan every day for the last 7 weeks, and it has been incredible :)

On to Lourdes, Francia!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment