Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Airlines hate me

My flight out of Atlanta left late yesterday b-c they accidently sent the crew luggage to baggage claim so it took an hour to get their luggage back. Then we were 15th in line to land in philly when we started to run out of gas so we landed in allentown, pa to refuel. Then we flew to Philly where I obviously missed my connecting flight to Barcelona. They put me on a flight to Frankfurt instead. That flight left an hour late because...get this...we were waiting on other passengers. They wouldn´t wait for me for my Barcelona flight but they´re waiting on these people for the Frankfurt flight. Whatever. I guess it had to do with the fact that we were missing over 100 passengers. I made the mistake of getting my hopes up for an empty flight and started getting comfortable in the two seats just for me. It was about this time that the plane got completely full. So we take off at 9:30pm (fyi, I got to the ATL airport at 1:30pm). Then I wait for 2 hours while the crew tries to fix my tv in my seat. Nope. So I ask to move seats and they move me. Success! Don´t get a wink of sleep. Can´t sleep on planes. Arrive in Frankfurt at 11am their time. Walk literally .5 miles and go through security AGAIN before finally reaching my gate. My window seat is gone and I am now in an aisle. I land in Barcelona at 3:30pm. Luggage completely lost. Start crying. Head to hostel. Go wrong way on train. Go wrong way on Street. Arrive at hostel. Hostel folks SOO nice. Let me borrow towel for free. Luftansa gives me overnight kit complete with shampoo, t'shirt, brush, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, cotton balls, tampons, nail file, and lotion. Take shower at hostel. Thank my lucky stars I packed underwear, sandals, skirt, and sunglasses in carry-on. Curse myself for not packing a shirt - so wear windbreaker. About to head out looking for a shirt to wear tonight to the biggest game this year for Barcelona - Barcelona vs. Manchester United. Excited although really scared about never seeing my suitcase again and exhausted. Maybe I should retitle this post to - Airlines steal Katie Mac´s Pack. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment