So I have been in Barcelona 2 days, and so far my record for getting guys´ numbers is 2/2. :) Before you get excited for me, I should point out that neither of those 2 males is under 40 years old. Last night at the random restaurant I went, this guy who was friends with the owner and about 50 gave me his telephone number. I told him that I didn´t have a phone but he gave me his cell number anyway. Then tonight, I went to get dinner at about 9pm. Apparently that is too early to eat here b-c all the restaurants and bars were empty. I finally stumpled on this lebanese place. I started to walk by but the owner called me back and told me to sit down. So I did...I mean, there were a decent amount of people there (all locals) so it must be good. I got pita bread with cheese in the middle and lebanese beer. Both were very good. Then the owner came back and brought me 3 small dishes to try. 2 types of hummus and 1 eggplant-red pepper type dish and then bread. I really liked the eggplant humus. Then they gave me a small piece of baklava. They only charged me for the beer and Carlage (pita with cheese) which was awesome! Then when I walked outside, the owner called me over (he was sitting at one of the tables outside) and invited me to sit down. I said why not? So I ended up chatting with him and the other owner (his brother) for over an hour. It was quite interesting. I´m almost liking this traveling solo thing b-c people are less intimidated to talk to you (sorry Shawn - I still wish you were here!).
I learned lots about Spain and Jordan from them. The guy turned out to be a lawyer too - how random. I really enjoy speaking to the local people to get a real taste for the people and culture. Another point for me for going out to dinner by myself! I´m getting a lot better at that!
It was funny - when I walked up to the restaurant, before saying anything, the owner started talking to me in English. I was like - how do you know I´m not spanish?! He said that Americans have very distinctive facial structures so it´s usually very easy to tell. He said I have a very American nose. Interesting. Oh well, I wore a skirt and everything to dinner (I HATE wearing skirts). I guess there´s no fitting in for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment