Ok, what the heck is this? I passed this on my walk.
Tore Agbara - enjoy :)
It started out by me being too cheap to take the metro to the Barcelona waterfront/beaches (2.5 miles). Then I walked along the waterfront. I just cannot believe that women feel comfortable sunbathing without tops on. I mean, I just don't get it. And why are the guys not staring the whole time? Are they just pretending not to stare? And no I did not get pictures so don't ask.
So I continued walking along the waterfront - so gorgeous. There is a hospital located on teh waterfront. Shawn, you should transfer there.
The hospital is the far building on the left behind the palm trees.
There were a lot of cool places that looked really hip for partying at night. Too bad my bedtime is early. Then I attempted to take a cable car ride across the harbor (thinking it took me to the top of the mountain on the harbor). Well, I paid $9 euros and then realized there was a long line. Well, I wanted none of that (I DO NOT wait in line unless it's important) so I, along with another couple, demanded our money back. Ok, so the other couple demanded our money back in spanish and I just smiled. So then, b/c I'm so cheap, I had to figure out another way to get to the mountain. 4.5 miles later I got to the mountain. BAD idea to walk.
I did stop at a little imitation Spanish village that was halfway up the mountain. Very disappointing but good views.
This mountain was the site of many of the 1992 Olympic events in Barcelona. It was pretty gorgeous (although a steep climb). I did end up taking a cable car from 2/3rds of the way up to the top. Well worth the money b/c I could barely move! Once I reached the castle/fort at the top, I laid down on the wall and took a nap. I was beyond exhausted. That was a lot of walking. And I was already super sore from yesterday.
Musuem on the mountain
View from my nap spot
Cable car going down
Museum at the base of the mountain
Then I walked back down and took the metro to the gothic neighborhood looking for a special champagne bar. But it was full so I sat down and ate at an outdoor cafe. I ordered a beer and a cheese and unidentified meat sandwich. Too expensive. Then I took the metro home. I showered, and then ran by the store to buy some beer, flan in a cup, and chips. Now I'm in the common room of the hostel, checking internet, drinking, eating, and watching "Criminal Minds." All the kiddies (other hostel guests) left for the discoteca at 11:30pm. Um, so I googled this bar and it doesn't even open until midnight. And it doesn't get hopping until 2am. So all the folks who went are planning on staying there until the metro opens again at 5am. Um, NO THANKS! Not my idea of a good time - I guess I'm just too old :(
Ok, continuing on with my reasons for wanting to move to Spain:
3) no leash laws - the dogs here are so happy! They are allowed on the beach and are allowed everwhere and anywhere and don't have to be on a leash. And they are all so well-behaved.
4) no drinking laws - meaning, you can drink ANYWHERE at any time.
5) always a grocery store within 2 blocks.
6) metro is actually quite nice and so fast and everyone uses it
7) people drink at every time of the day
8) family is #1 priority
Ok, reasons why I don't want to live in Spain:
1) no cute males
2) males are very harrassing
3) exchange rate sucks!
So tomorrow I head to Pamplona. I'm excited/nervous b/c that's where I'm going to be spending the next 7 weeks. So I really, really, really hope that I like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment